Monday, January 5, 2009

Valkyrie? Me? Yes, I know. I only have myself to blame.

MovieWeb - Movie Photos, Videos & More


I actually went and saw Valkyire, and even though you won't be seeing Mr. Cruise on any nomination lists this year. I must admit that the story was good and it kind of shone some light on how crazy the way "Hitler's" Germany was back then and how today's "world" problems are kind of the same as they were way back when, with different players. Overall, I am glad that I had a gift card to see this one, but wish that Tom would have put a little more effort into this film and at least tried to act more like a one-eyed German soldier than Maverick a la Top Gun. Definitely a great story, but if you are looking for great acting, go see something else.

My Review: C-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame you wasted your free movie ticket on this one. I saw Tom Wilkinson is in it. He's a great actor! Sucks Tom Cruise's non-accent performance overtook everyone else's performance, the movie's agenda, message, etc. :-/

Eric said...

Do you know we liked the name Suri if we were havin a girl but Tom Cruise has tainted that name now... boo