Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh no, my DVR is too small for Mondays!

My name is Andrea and I'm a TV-aholic.

Hi Andrea.

Last night was not good. The warden and I almost started a fight during a commercial break and it wasn't pretty.

Mondays are not everyone's favorite, but in our house since the winter line-up has decided to kick ass, Mondays are our new "pre-kid" Fridays. But, I am afraid to report that my claws came out last night. I had my DVR scheduled to record Gossip Girl at 8p and How I Met Your Mother at 8:30p. Everything was fine, until I heard "Oh Shit". I was in our bedroom watching The Bachelor, and went to our living room, to find my husband yelling at the TV. Apparently, during his precious 24, My two recordings during 8:30p kicked him out of 24. Whoops! He was mad, but instead of asking me if I would mind if the recording stopped on one of them, he took it upon himself to choose for me. What a dick. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that the DVR is not to record dumb shows. Excuse me, asshole, you mean to tell me that Trucks and 4X4 TV, is worthy of a "series priority", I don't think so.

Needless to say, he told me he stopped How I Met Your Mother, and instead of saying something mean, I told him that I was going to throw one of his favorite things away, tomorrow and he would have to guess what it would be. How childish of me, right? I don't think so. You can mess with my cooking and make fun of my mama, but don't mess with my TV. I guess we'll have to get another DVR, to peacefully coexist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I remember you telling me once you'd throw something away and he'd have to guess what. Brilliant!

However, it's not nice to mess with 24...