Thursday, January 8, 2009

One teeney little manipulator! (aka My Little Dictator)

I know this will sound weird, but I think my son was a lawyer, in his previous life. Not a good lawyer, like Atticus Finch, but some sort of ambulance chaser. That little turkey has started to talk more and he has become quite the persuader. For example, the other day he told me he was going to play in the back room, which is actually, his favorite poop-stop in the house, yes, you judgemental moms out there, he is 2 1/2 and still in diapers,anyway, he actually took the q-tip container and cleaned out his ears and nose. I know he succeeded too, because there was a booger on one q-tip and some faint yellow earwax on another. He wasn't playing the back or poopin',he was manscaping. I'm all for grooming and hygiene, but just tell me you're going to get into to something that is off-limits, and don't start sneaking around. And what reminds me of a crooked lawyer is what "no-no" thing he did, because technically he was just trying to groom himself, so how can I get mad at him for doing something perfectly legal? I guess, I just feel duped.

I'm guessing the manipulation will only continue, but I am hoping that he continues to just try to sneak in good things, like grooming, and not start smoking cigarettes in his fort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Putzie doesn't get a sucker.

Eric said...

tag ur it... visit my blog :)