Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kids Truly Love You, No Matter What or Who You Are.

Barack Obama Is Sworn In As 44th President Of The United States
What a Great Day for Our Children! I know that there are a lot of Debbie Downers out there, who have not gotten to a happy place yet, with our new administration, but you guys are going to have to get over it and you have got to start NOW! I watched today's inauguration, and must admit that I was really getting excited about my son's future. I must add, that I have never actually watched the swearing in, LIVE. It was so cool, all of the tradition and preparation was exciting. I, in the past, have always been at work or school, but today, I actually took my son to school, power walked for an hour, and started a load of laundry before I sat down and got a little misty eyed, when I saw our "Former" President welcome our "New" President. I know that's kinda dorky, but who cares. Then tonight, as I was looking through tons of pictures the web has already posted, I came across this one and thought it was too cute, not to share with all of you. It totally reminds me that President Obama is really just a dad/husband/son-in-law/son/grandson/classmate/friend. And by the look on his little one's face, she doesn't really give a flip who he is or what he does as long as she knows that he loves her enough to keep her safe, keep clothes on her back, and her belly full. That's all we can do for our kids and that's really all they want us do for them. Let's celebrate today through our children's eyes and embrace who we want to become!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm ticked I didn't see it live- damn computers! I love that picture of her. It looks like she wanted a snack or something... or really bored. :-)

The Arnolds said...

AMEN! I even showed it to all the ungrateful brats I teach because someday it will hopefully mean something to them.

And those lucky little girls had the Jonas Brothers over at the White House that night!