Monday, May 18, 2009

I am so ashamed of myself!

The warden and I have finally decided that our house was in need of some cosmetic work, we seem to be very healthy on our inside, it was time to shape up our outside. Because, as our painter put it, "what's the point of being healthy, if you're ugly!". He is right! So with one little stroke of a pressure washer, our little "love nest" started to look like a new person! Who knew that a little exfoliation was going to look so good? I told my girlfriend, that the pressure washer must double as a magic wand. Even our stoop looks good. I actually felt sorry for our house, I feel like our home is part of who we are and can see how far we've come as individuals, a couple, and more recently a family. A lot of funny things have gone on in this house, the time a bird flew in it and the warden was out of town and I had to shoo it out myself, or the time our master bedroom doorknob broke and I was locked in it, while the munchkin was taking a nap, and I was talking to my neighbor outside my window, like Rapunzel and he was trying to coach me out without jumping, or the time I called the Fire Department because our Carbon Monoxide detector went off and I was convinced the "silent killer" was going to get one of us and they sent like five firemen ( the warden thought I was crazy until I heard him tell the firemen he had a headache and the firemen told him it was a false alarm, then all of a sudden he felt better). All of these moments in this little house make me laugh and I am so glad that it's getting a makeover, it's well deserved! The fresh paint will do it some good! I'm just so ashamed that it took us forever to do this. Sorry house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Annie! It's not always about *you!*