Monday, May 4, 2009

Do I HEART D.C.?

Let's just say. I don't know yet. Could I possibly live there? Sure. Do I want to live there? Hmmmm... I've always been kind of a slow poke on commitment.

Oh, I guess it would help, if I explained myself. The warden and I spent a wonderful kid-free weekend in D.C, a kinda sneak preview into our future as possible residents in/near our Nation's capital. And let me just sum it up in a math equation.

Me+Warden+Kid+GA= Comfortable!
Me+Warden+Kid+D.C./VA= Not so Comfortable!

It is alot more expensive than ol' GA, with an apparent traffic problem that sounds made up. We are "hoping" to make a move in a couple of years, but thought what the hell, we've got a great friend that lives there already, frequent flyer miles that need to get used, a free babysitter (Thanks mom and dad), and time. So what the hell, we went! And had a great time, kid-less and cold beers, who could have asked for more? Well, I guess me.

I was loving those cold beers after our fun-filled day of checking out the area, they went down great and the buzzes I caught helped me forget about how tough these future decisions are going to get. Schools, commuting, new area. It was really strange. As excited as I am about the future, I am actually kinda freaking out, which isn't the best thing to be doing, but I guess it's normal. Right?

Anyway, do I HEART D.C.? I guess I'll have to approach it like an arranged marriage and make the most of it!

No comments: