Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Who you callin' out of shape, Grandma? Oh, I guess me.

Yesterday, I received a call from our local aquatic center about their aerobic class. About six months ago, I had an idea to join a aqua aerobics class, but got wait listed. So, as I tried to remember how long ago I wait listed, I found myself agreeing to be at the class this morning at ten sharp.

As, I pulled into my parking space I noticed something, all of the cars surrounding me were Buicks, Cadillacs, and Lincolns. What the hell, where are all of the mini- vans and SUVs?

Not at this class, it was me and the blue-hairs. How hard could this class be? Surely, they'll try to be easy on these folks. WRONG! I got my ass kicked. These sweet older ladies were on fire. We did all sorts of fat burning aerobics and then I heard "get your noodles and weights". So, I followed the queen bee's lead and gathered my weights and noodle and then I heard the instructor say something, I thought I misunderstood. "All right everyone, let's float like we are in a lounge chair and do our 100 sit-ups". WTF? Yes I said 100. I think the noodle slipped under me and I sank a little bit.

The moral to this story is to never ever underestimate the power of our elders, they really can still kick our asses no matter how old they are. And yes, I will be returning to my class on Thursday, that is, if I can get out of my aqua aerobic-induced coma!

No comments: