Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our KID-FREE Weekend!

Like most parents,with a pulse, we, on average,go out, as a couple, once every other month. We usually go to dinner and a movie, or sometimes just one or the other. The warden has been traveling a little more than usual, this year, so "date nights" have been somewhat "non-existent". So, after figuring out how many frequent flier miles he's racked up, I decided that it was time to redeem those babies and book a "kid-free" holiday. Where did we go? Was it warm and tropical? Or was it another attempt at a skiing adventure?

Neither, we went to the WINDY City. Yes, it was a tad chilly, but it was a place we had never been to together. And quite honestly, it was absolutely perfect. We just walked the Magnificent Mile,Rush Street and State Street, went to the Museum of Science and Industry, Navy Pier, and you bet your sweet bippy we ate like little pigs. It was great.

No strollers, no meltdowns, no bedtimes, no "wake" times, no time outs, no repeating myself, no 5 minute showers, no kid menus, it was all about US!!!! Finally. I wish I could say we had great stories to share, but we honestly just relaxed and enjoyed freezing our asses off, just US.

***I know I am going catch some shit for failing to call some old friends of mine, that live nearby,but I hope that they understand that it was just a me and the warden weekend. Thank you also to my p's for watching the little dictator, you have no idea how HUGE that was of you.XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you two had fun even though you froze your tushies off. ;-)