Sunday, August 10, 2008

I have turned to mush!

Olympics Day 2 - Swimming

Last night,after a fun early night out with the girls, I came home and found myself watching the Olympics. I tuned in at just the right time because it was almost time to see our little sweetie, Michael Phelps, compete. They did a little background on him and interviewed his mom and she was so proud. As I continued to watch the event, I got a little choked up when he won the gold. I am not a mushy person at all. I didn't cry when we got engaged, when we got married, or even when I had our son, but there was something about this Michael Phelps thing that really got to me. I thought it about it for a minute and realized that the reason why I am so mushy is because of my own little monster. My son might drive me crazy, but I know that one day he is going to work hard for something and I can't wait until I have my moment, like Mrs. Phelps did, when all of his hard work pays off for him. Even President Bush and his family looked like crazy family members rooting for our boy Phelps, it was really great.I hope that my mushiness isn't contagious, I probably caught it from one the moms I went out with yesterday. Gee thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Would that make you love me???" LOL!