Saturday, January 12, 2008

Welcome to my Blog

This is my very first BLOG attempt. And in case you are wondering, I am not a snotty mom. However, as a 20 month old's mom, I can confirm that 1 out of 10 new moms are what I like to call "snotty moms". You know what I am talking about,those moms who "know" that their child is so beyond the rest of the "common kids", that they truly believe that their little one is, not only, baby GAP's next top model, but Jeopardy's next champion. All the while, their little savants, at two years old, are sucking on their pacifiers while reading Latin and playing the cello. These "snotty moms" are everywhere. Don't let them bother you. And don't think that "snotty moms" have a certain look either. They don't all wear the same clothes, typical mom uniform (dark solid knit shirt, dark blue jeans, with little low profile New Balances.), they do , however, have the same old story that their child "never did that" or "doesn't say that". Unlike the "snotty girls "in high school, these women are not always pretty, they are just bitter and their husbands arm them with credit cards, probably to shut them up. Just so you know, I am having fun sorting out these women amongst my son's social circle and so far so good, we are "snotty free". Do not think that you have to befriend every mom out there, keep your circle clear of "snotty moms", because unfortunately "snotty kids" aren't too far away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm not one of those 'regular moms,' I'm a 'cool mom!'" - Regina's mom

You rock. :-)