Monday, April 6, 2009

What is that light, Mommy?

Over the weekend, we were at my parents' house past seven o'clock, which for us is a BIG deal. Little Man's bedtime is 8:15, which means at seven we are usually in our house, chillin' out, watching Kipper, and keeping one eye on the clock. I feel like a temp waiting for five o'clock at a crappy job.

Anyway, as the skies grew darker, Munchkin saw a beaming light come through some clouds. It wasn't a plane, it was the moon. He shouted, "Look at that light, Mommy". All I kept thinking was, oh my gosh, my poor child has never seen the moon. I felt like such a bad mommy, like I'd been holding him hostage. It actually reminded me of the movie Blast From the Past ,with Brendan Fraser, the part where he comes out of the bomb shelter and he sees the sky for the first time.

Yes, I did feel a little guilty for keeping the moon away from him, but I got over it. We ended up leaving shortly after his first encounter with darkness and hope that one day he and the moon will reunite, but for the time being, he'll keep mommytime, you know, where it's daylight all the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'The sky! I've never seen nothing like it before!' - I love Blast from the Past :-)