Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ever wonder where "hand foot and mouth" disease comes from?

I have been known or accused of being anal about germs and often wondered how in the hell some kids can get this awful disease called "hand foot and mouth" and today I saw with my own peepers how this disgusting disease gets around.

I'll give you a minute to get your barf bags ready.

You ready?

I was at the local mall today where they have an area for kids to jump around like hyenas and moms can sit and stare at other mom's methods of discipline. As well as, how long it takes them to realize that their child left the area 10 minutes ago while they were yucking it up on the phone with their neighbor who just had her first round of botox. Anyway, as I looked past all of the stereo typical suburban moms, there she was, a poor nanny watching over an infant in a carrier and a toddler, named Shepherd, I shit you not that was his name, just like Dr. McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy. Anyway, the nanny carefully placed the carrier and down and chased after Shepherd because his pants were falling down. About ten minutes into playing, I noticed a white little toosh shining at me and yep, it was Shepherd's. Apparently, his parents don't care if his clothes fit properly and don't believe in underwear, they just want to make sure that his clothes look expensive. The poor nanny couldn't keep getting up to keep him covered so she let him run around mooning everyone. Then it occurred to me that he wasn't just running around mooning us, he was sliding his bare bottom all over the play area and unless he's an animal that can lick his own ass to clean it, chances are his feces were contaminating the WHOLE area. I never left a place so fast, you would have thought that the wartime alarms were going off and was seeking shelter, I broke the human speed record.

I know that it is not Shepherd's fault that his pants didn't fit him and that his parents don't make him wear underpants, but wake up people, Shepherd doesn't need to be going commando when he's playing with other kids, the chaffing alone probably doesn't feel good, so on behalf of all the mom's out there who give a toot about our kid's health and disease-free lifestyles, keep your kid's dirty ass off of the play areas, it is soooooo NASTY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This goes beyond "mooning"- that's horrible parenting/neglect. We don't know the full story, but that is wrong not to have a diaper/ underwear on a child. It's disgusting. Shame on them.