Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Foot in Mouth Syndrome!

Hello Readers,
Do you ever say things in front of the wrong people?
or
Do you ever wish you could make your "word vomit" stop?
or
Do you ever, in mid-sentence, start clicking your heels, to see if you can leave a situation immediately?

If so, you are not alone, its called "foot in mouth syndrome"? I used to think I had tourette's. Wrong.... Then I was told that I lack what some people may call a filter... Wrong,again. I just talk and talk and talk. Damn it! I think it might be genetic, but unfortunately, it's untreatable,possibly fatal.

Today I ran into a friend of ours, who is single,and I was going on and on about how we think he should try to be the next Bachelor. We laughed and carried on and then his "girlfriend" met up with us and she kind of gave us a look like what are you guys talking about, and he got quiet so I said, 1/2 jokingly, that I was just telling him that he should be the next bachelor. Ha! Ha! She didn't think it was funny at all, actually she snarled. Whoops! First, I didn't know he was seeing anyone, and let me add, he's like 60 and she's probably mid-40's, and I really didn't mean to piss her off. Anyway, if anyone suffers like me, please help me get the help I need before I get my ass kicked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... that's strange. Someone else in your bloodline *also* tends to speak before h/she thinks...

Andrea said...

Don't come down on yourself!

Eric said...

Hello, I'm Eric and I suffer from (in a hushed voice)"Foot in mouth disease!"

I do this a lot...
thankfully my wife has accepted me for my disease and so glad it isn't contagious.

there are times after we leave a conversation and Laura says... "you know you shouldn't of said..."

Yah, I'm there.