Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New brood of moms.

All right ladies, I hate to complain about my fellow sisters, but we need to remember that we are adults. Here's what I am talking about. A few weeks ago I was at a gathering for women and the woman sitting next to me asked me a question about the speaker. So, without hesitation, I answered her question and at our table of seven, five of the women simultaneously went "shhhhh". We were not using our outside voices and we were not laughing,either. Here's my thing. You can "Shhh" my kid, if he's being loud and it's inappropriate and he's on your watch, but keep your "shhh"ing to yourself when it's all adults around and its a free lecture. I'm beginning to notice that "snotty moms" aren't the only bitches out there. There is this brood of moms that can't check out of mommy mode for one second. And these are the ones that are really giving moms a bad name. Please moms remember that we are all adults (except for the little Junos out there) and you should keep your "shhh"es to a minimum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

knock, knock

who's there?

shh!