Thursday, February 14, 2008

An Adult Hip Hop Class saved my Independence.

Although I am almost two years into motherhood, I can honestly say that in the past six to eight months,I have finally begun to feel like myself again. I am still a germaphobe and a schedule nazi, but I feel better about myself today, than I felt about myself before I had my son. Look, I am crazy about my son and feel blessed to be able to spend all day with him, but I was beginning to think that this was it. My life was turing into a one woman show and I felt like I was losing myself, or choosing to give up myself for this amazing little person. Which wouldn't be beneficial to him or my marriage. Then one day I was driving past Rhythm Dance Center(www.rhythmdancecenter.com)and there it read on the sign "Adult Hip Hop". So when my son went down for a nap, I did a google search and did a trial class that evening. It was so great. The music was loud, the lights were dim (Thank God),and it was like being in a dance club or bar only in workout clothes. I remember coming home, to my husband,and being excited about what I had discovered. He thought it was funny, but I think some of the moves actually turned him on. I am not the most talented dancer, but anything is sexy compared to the pregnant waddle or stroller strides I had been doing for the past two years. Needless to say, I have been bitten by the Hip Hop bug and I couldn't be happier. It is truly something of my own, and I hope that other people try something like this to awaken their independence. This class has about 12 moms in it, both working and stay at home, and we are a team. Finally, moms united!!! This is the break through we needed. So many moms are ridiculously competitive, whether, its about, children, homes, cars, nannies, working, stay at home, fat, skinny, husband's salaries,etc., it is worse than you can imagine. It is so high school. But, thankfully this class has actually united very different moms and created an environment that I am proud to be a part of. So thank you Rhythm Dance Center for helping me get my "sexy back". And thank you to the ladies in the class, we are making a positive differnce in each other's lives and we deserve it.

No comments: