Monday, January 21, 2019

So I got a lot of time on my hands, and this may be a factor.....

Went to my second session with my new pal.... um, therapist.

This visit was a little more laid back, I wasn't so guarded and it made it easier to chat. She and I talked a bit about what went on after our last session and when we spoke about my grandma's health and how I feel after I hear about her day to day suffering, she cold sense that I was in fact becoming fearful. She suggested and providing me with a book, by a Buddhist Monk called Fear, and it has actually been pretty interesting. A couple of chapters have really resonated with my feelings, which makes me feel like the therapist has been listening.

We also chatted a bit about my everyday life and she suggested that maybe I have a lot of time on my hands and that this time gives my mind an opportunity to really lose control. She suggested a hobby, or yoga. And does believe that the meditation is really important and it might be working. I haven't had a chance to do a yoga class, but I have tried to stay a bit more busy and I did sleep more this week. More than normal. And I think it helped!

I am meeting with her tomorrow and I will give updates about what goes on, but I do feel like I am heading in the right direction....

No comments: