Tuesday, October 6, 2009

8 years into my Life Sentence.....

It's not as bad as I make it sound. Just my warped sense of humor. It is the warden and I's 8th anniversary. It doesn't seem like eight years, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how far we have come from our "newlywed" days. So in honor of our 8th anniversary, I've come up with 8 of our "finest" moments...

1) The time I got rid our couch to make room for a new one and found out it was back ordered for a month and we didn't have anywhere to sit. The warden took it like a champ.

2) The time I decided to join him on a midnight run, by riding my bike, and got so tired of peddling I threw my helmet at him and left the bike by a stop sign.

3) The time he went out of town and our bedroom doorknob broke and I got locked in our bedroom and had to call the neighbors and my dad to get me out.

4) Our infamous ski adventure.

5) The first time I told him I was pregnant, I took a cell phone picture of a pregnancy test and asked him if he saw what I saw.

6) Our first night home with the baby. We felt like the most under qualified parents EVER!!!

7) The ONE and ONLY time I tried to cut the grass.

8) All of the times when I had to start my conversations with, "Don't get mad, but...".

These are really all great moments, just because they are OUR moments. I joke alot about how crazy marriage can be and don't even get me started on parenthood. But, the truth is I love my life and it can get crazy and sometimes boring at times, but I can't imagine my life without the warden or the munchkin. They are the men in my life who will eventually drive me to drink, but they are mine and I love them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary :-)

The Arnolds said...

Happy anniversary! That just means it has been 8 years since we have seen each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!