Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Should I suck it up and try for #2?

A little background for you. I am a planner. I'm not a fan of surprises. As a matter of fact I have become addicted to my cable system because it gives me preview of whats going to happen on my shows. So this leads me to a BIG ASS question... When should I have another kid? Or should I have another kid?

Look, I love my son, but should I go and muck things up and have another one? He's not the easiest kid to parent, but he sure is cute. I have been going back and forth in my head and out loud sometimes, to people who are willing to listen. Should I do it? It is so exhausting having a little one and now that he is out of the baby phase,he is in toddler phase and it is fun, but do I want to add another baby phase into this picture?

It took me so long to surrender and have the first one. I don't want to wait forever to have a second one, but the more I think about it I wonder if a second one is necessary? I've got a good kid, so far. What if the next one is a nutbag? My current situation is kind of nice, one mouth to feed, one game to play, one set of toys to keep up with, one bootie to clean. I am not a needy person, I am happy with what I have been given. Should I get greedy and ask for more?

I recently read in a book to have another one,so your kid will have someone to talk to about how bad we have screwed them both up. Therefore they will have a someone to bond with for the rest of their lives and never be alone.

I don't know. I guess I'll leave it up to a weak moment with alcohol to make my decision for me. And in the end I'll only have myself to blame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! (on alcohol) "Why, do you want a little bit? Because if you're going to drink I'd rather you do it in the house." - the "cool" mom!

It's up to you on having #2, kiddo ;-)