Monday, February 8, 2010

The end is in sight....

I am almost 34 weeks and the c-section has been scheduled. Am I nervous? A little. Am I excited? Absolutely. Am I ready? Hell YES!

I am a little nervous about dumb things. Like, throwing up in the Operating Room,like I did the first time, sneezing, like I do (think, VERY LARGE GORILLA), during the procedure, and most of all not seeing my little 3 year old for a few days. I know the warden and my parents and in-laws will take great care of him, but still, he won't be within my radar to just check on. But, I will be OK, with Skype, we might have a little fun. Hopefully, Northside has WI-FI. Note to self: check on WI-FI.

As for being excited, I can't wait to see who this new little monkey will look like. Me, the warden, or BIG brother? I know he's a little boy, I've known that for a while, but no matter how many ultrasounds you get, you don't really know who these little people resemble until they show their little faces. I am so excited!

Now, the readiness of it all, it may sound crazy, but I am as ready as I will ever be. I remember with my first one, I wasn't sure what to expect so I didn't have any expectations. And when he came home, the warden and I were like "Holy Cow", this is hard work and we did this to ourselves? But, with this one, I am a little more confident that I am: 1) Not going to screw it up. 2) Will not die from sleep deprivation. 3) Not going to let this new little man be the boss of me! SO, let the games begin, I know it will not be easy and it will be hard, but We as a family are going to be OK, we'll just have to shift our schedules and be patient with one another.

I am always telling my boys, the warden and the munchkin, to be POSITIVE and now I will have to have them tell me that. Baby #2, William Paul, we might lose our minds the first few weeks, getting adjusted to you, but we are really a good family and we are READY for you!

No comments: