Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hmmm... does anyone remember Thanksgiving?

Yeah, that holiday when we are supposed to give thanks for everything that we have been given? It's in November? Big pro-football day? There's a HUGE parade in New York every single year, since we can remember?

Yes, that holiday!

I can't beleive how quickly time is flying by. Halloween was a few weeks ago and just this past weekend, although it was 74 degrees, there we were waiting to see the big guy himself, Santa. And we weren't the only ones. But, yesterday, while I was picking up a few holiday giftcards, I stopped and remembered that Thanksgiving is next week. I had it buried in the back of my mind and when it surfaced, I exhaled. Why am I in such a rush?

I know why, because once these little kiddies get out for "holiday" break, heaven forbid we call it "Christmas", we, mommies, don't have a chance in hell of getting anything done without toting little sweeites with us. So Santa must complete his list ASAP!

As for Thanksgiving, I do really adore this holiday. My grandma lives here now and after a long hiatus of Grandma-less Thanksgivings, my brother, sister and I have practically reverted to toddlers when it comes to holidays around her. We all put in our requests of what we want her to make us, not my mom. Mom isn't real happy with our "revert", but she's going to have to get over it. My grandma is so wonderful!

So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for:

The Warden (my cutie hubby).
The Munchkin (my little monster)
The Little Munchkin ( my little little monster)
My Familia
and most of all my Grandma, she is a ROCKSTAR!

No comments: